The EEENOOBS Official Site

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sleepless in Adelaide

Hello Noobies.

Seems like Gaius is the only one who's posting, I shall drop a post too. Thanks for the updates. Good to hear that all is going well. Imagining Gaius after NS....



Well, a little about me..as of end of next week (29/04/07) it will be officially 3 months working with Parsons Brinckerhoff. Should be expecting an interview with me manager and HR to reflect on my performance and my future direction with the firm. Though 3 months, it felt like it has been ages. To be honest, I'm in sorta a blur right now, thinking about what lies ahead...I sometimes do wonder how do you guys feel at this point in life...you know....because come to think of it..we've been away for so long...were we the same after boarding our first flight to Adelaide...have we changed much..or are we still the same..

Anyways..back to the topic..my day to day work have been designing electrical systems..more specifically low voltage distribution(under 11kV), dealing with transformers, circuit breakers, cable sizes, mostly EES stuff. Next, I'll be working on the communications reticulation side of things. Also, been exposed to project management stuffs, which include writing scope of works(cut and paste work) and finally, drafting (a really good way to fill your time).
The main project or should I say the ONLY project I'm working on is the Prominent Hill project..that's 80km NOrth West of Adelaide city. It's a copper mine and the client, Oxiana who awarded the design and construct contract to Fluor who then engaged us to design. They wanted a 400 people accomodation village in middle of no where..equipped with swimming pools,gym,tennis courts,spa,an internet cafe! Sometimes I feel like I'm playing SimCity.

On another point, working has bought me another perspective on life. While studying was straineous at times and encumbered with deadlines and assignments(which I thank god I have eeenoobs to always rely on), it was fun. No matter how hard or rough the going gets, I always know that I'm not alone facing it. But in work, everyone has their own role and responsibilities. There isn't a common thing to endure for (a degree, an assignment,project etc). I can't help but feel a sense of......loneliness? lol...

To summarize my incoherent ramblings, I miss you guys..Rofl
As for the title of this post? It's one of my insomniac nights..and it's Monday morning..shitz..

Luv,
Des.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home