The EEENOOBS Official Site

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dreaming in the 'City of Dreaming Spires'


Keble College, Oxford.

Dear EEEpros,
How have you all been? Hope all of you are doing fine and healthy in all parts of the world, doing all sorts of jobs. As for me, I guess you all should know
 that I safely arrived in another planet called Oxford exactly two weeks ago. First and foremost, I've gotta apologize for not keeping in touch a lot when  I was back in Malaysia. That's cos I was having too much fun that I've forgotten you guys..hahah.:p I'm just joking. I was just wasting my days away..
And I would really really really Thank all of you for doing so much for me when I left Adelaide, the trip, the sendoff, and the photo frame which I love much. Although I only discover the 'second' photo after a few months...Hahhha.. But anyways, thanks very much for being so thoughtful!! It's really sweet when guests visit and love that pic!
Well, what's Oxford like? Let's start with the weather, it's rains an awful lot here and not so much different than Adelaide in the winter, except less sunshine, colder, and wetter. I was so dissapointed there was no snow.apparently it rarely snows here.damnit!.. 
Oxford is a beautiful city (not as beautiful as Cambridge apparently), because it's very green and scenic here and the buildings are all old and historic. It's as though it hasn't developed since 100 years ago.  But Oxford is dated back to the 12th century..its' really really old.

So what I've been doing for the past weeks here? Well, I've been given a really good tutorial by my supervisor. This is how the Oxford  system works, students have one on one tutorials with the tutors. On my first tutorial:
Supervisor: So how much do you know about state-space?
des: Nothing really.
Supervisor: Okay here's some reading material for you (throws two stack of papers of lecture notes about 40pages). How long would take for you to read this?
des: (flips through the pages) .........one week?
Supervisor: Nope. 4 hours. I'll see you tomorrow.
des: ..................
I still don't understand half of the stuff he gave me until today..Lol And this kept going on every week till today. But it's getting slightly better cos I'm getting lazier and less bothered.
Well, a very Happy Gong Xi Fa Cai to everyone! There are some pics on my Facebook but it's all pics of buildings, no one to take photos with yet.hahahah..but will get some soon!
Take care!! Good luck in your studies (danny only) and all the best as we embark on our careers!
Just an old photo for reminiscing sake :D seems so long ago..but I sure do miss those moments..
           The Cag, Adelaide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home